June 28, 2017, 05:04:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: aWIZ Support Board Upgraded!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Member Pics  (Read 2000 times)
Gagman

Email
« on: January 23, 2013, 11:14:08 AM »

Can someone tell me how to approve "Member Pics"?  Thank you.
aWIZ Support
Global Moderator

Set your own avatar in the "Profile" section

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 11:51:20 AM »

Please read the User Manual. It has special section "Member pics" which explains in all details how the user can be approved.
If after reading of this section you still will have any unanswered questions - you are welcome to ask.

When you read some aWIZ Support response in the old topic - please take into account that in the further versions of script the function in question could be modified.
Gagman

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 12:58:00 PM »

Okay, I read all of this:

First and foremost, add a link to a form page that will allow your members to request publishing their photos on the site by linking to “/members/submit.php”.

Members receive the ability to publish their own photos only after they are allowed to do so by an administrator. This procedure is automated. If a member doesn’t have such approval, that member will be sent to a page with a form for requesting approval. The administrator receives the data from the form along with sample photos from the given member via the e-mail address set within the setup panel. The letter will also contain a link that the administrator can use to approve the given member’s photo display. Approved members will then be able to see the photo publishing form.

The “/members/member_pics.php” link leads to a gallery of published member photos.

You can edit design of this page in admin-panel, section "Templates", subsection "Optionsl templates page".

As of version 5, approving a member’s photo display dispatches an e-mail message to that member. You can edit the e-mail text within the “prw/approve_email.txt” file.

The new submission form also contains name and e-mail fields for the subscriber to fill out.

You can also edit or delete subscribers’ comments to published member photos from the “MEMBER COMMENTS” section of the administration panel.

So, I'm assuming that I should receive an email to approve the Member Pics.  I have set up the working email in the Setup Panel and set test pics.  I have not received an email to approve the Member Pics.  Am I missing something?  Thank you.
aWIZ Support
Global Moderator

Set your own avatar in the "Profile" section

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 03:59:26 AM »

The issue has been solved in tickets. The reason was in absence of password protection on members area and thus script's unability to get the username of requestor.
Since members area a priori can't be non-protected, and if so - absence of username is impossible, such situation is not considered in the User Manual.

When you read some aWIZ Support response in the old topic - please take into account that in the further versions of script the function in question could be modified.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: